Playing the Indian Card

Monday, June 14, 2021

How Could He Possibly Have Known that Murder Was Wrong?

 


Adolph Eichmann on trial.

Friend Xerxes has recently come up with the striking statement that “No one does something knowing that it’s wrong.” 

Compare the Bible here:

“For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.” – Romans 7: 18-9.

No doubt anyone is free to reject the authority of the Bible, as so much random chatter. Yet I think the same truth is apparent to unaided reason: if no one does anything knowing that it’s wrong, there is be no such thing as doing wrong. 

Those we associate with or are thrust among can tempt and be a bad influence or a bad example: family, circle of friends, or society at large. But we are all ultimately responsible for our own actions. This is why “I was only following orders” did not cut any mustard at Nuremberg.


No comments: