Playing the Indian Card

Thursday, March 14, 2019

Andrew Coyne in my Dreams





Last night I had a vivid nightmare.

I dreamt that Andrew Coyne had died.

It was so vivid that, as soon as I awoke, I actually had to go online and check.

I do not usually remember my dreams. That I did this time suggests this one was important.

The death of Andrew Coyne would be the death of rational political discourse in Canada.

Coyne, after all, is the only one left doing it.

Everyone else is shouting at one another. Notably in parliamentary question period. It is all talking points, rhetoric, and insult. Half of us are completely out of touch with basic realities, and do not want to be in touch. Coyne is the only guy who actually analyses an issue, on its merits.

Although he may live on, the dream that Coyne represents may indeed have died.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll right away take hold of your rss feed as I can't to find your
email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service.
Do you have any? Kindly permit me realize in order that I may just subscribe.
Thanks.