Playing the Indian Card

Monday, August 25, 2008

Strange but Catholic

The Virgin Mary has appeared in Scarborough.

You are free to scoff, but if I were the Virgin Mary, that's where I'd appear. Scarborough's salt o' the earth, in Toronto terms. I’d go and have a look if I were nearby. I take these things seriously ever since I saw Our Lady of Naju in Korea. Some of this is undoubtedly for real.

An Italian priest is organizing a beauty pageant for nuns:

And why not? Natural beauty is indeed a work of God, worthy of appreciation. And the pageant could do the good work of separating appreciation of feminine beauty from salaciousness.

Consider the Virgin Mary, in her many statues. She is beautiful, isn’t she?

But when you look at her, do you think of sex?

Lastly, the Shroud of Turin is back in the running for authenticity.

No comments: