Playing the Indian Card

Thursday, January 26, 2023

Deligion in the Schools

 

Due to the Canadian government’s current inability to perform such simple tasks as issuing citizenship certificates and passports, I have been forced for years to homeschool my kids by distance.

I have considered this an extreme hardship; and have been horrified at the thought of how much they are missing in their education. 

But perhaps not. 

After all, if government cannot manage simple paperwork, how well are they going to do education?

It recently occurred to me that I ought to be teaching my two geography and science. 

I went online to look for a geography and a science text.

I could find nothing suitable. All available texts seem not to be about geography or science at all. They are about global warming, environmentalism, and the depletion of natural resources. With a lot of pointless make-work projects assigned. They are teaching nothing, and in the most inefficient way imaginable. 

Or rather, worse than nothing. In the first place, students will have a misconception of what science and geography are about. In the second, they will have been indoctrinated into a bizarre cult with no scientific or empirical basis, nor philosophical foundation. They will think these dubious assertions are established truth. In the third, this nature cult seems tailored to replace religion and conventional morality. It is paganism.

I am not claiming that the teaching of science was any good when I went to high school.

But this is much worse. And at least geography used to make sense.


No comments: