Playing the Indian Card

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Childhood Abuse Causes Depression. Duh.

Montreal continues to be, as it long has been, a world centre for the investigation of the human brain. Recently, according to Coolopolis, the experts at McGill and Douglas Hospital confirmed that abuse during childhood changes areas of the brain, leading to depression.

Among other things, this invalidates all those claims back in the 80’s and early ‘90s that everything, notably both homosexuality and mental illnesses, were based on “brain chemistry” and were therefore mostly or entirely genetic. Brain chemistry itself is plainly altered by our experiences and our thinking habits. As ought to be obvious to unaided human reason, even without such evidence.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will add this blog to my favorites, it is great.

Anonymous said...

Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you…

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing with us, I believe this website truly stands out : D.

Anonymous said...

Very intriguing points you have noted, appreciate this for adding.

Anonymous said...

Say, you got a good article. Much thanks again. Wonderful.

Steve Roney said...

Welcome to clone with attribution.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I am experiencing issue with ur rss .

Anonymous said...

Please dont think Im just looking to copy you, but I like the formatof this website.

Anonymous said...


Some times its a discomfort within the ass to read what weblog owners wrote but this internet web site is rattling user friendly :)!

Anonymous said...


I would add something else, of course, but in fact almost everything is mentioned.,.

Anonymous said...


Now it seems that it is discussed thoroughly and more in depth. Frankly it is about time we see a change.

Anonymous said...


I can not figure out how do I subscribe for your blog

Anonymous said...


Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News?

Anonymous said...


I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting!

Anonymous said...


Another good blogging site checked out by way of my freakin great brain!

Anonymous said...


My extended internet look up has at the end of the day been honored with professional content to share with my friends and classmates.

Anonymous said...


Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission.

Anonymous said...


You know what I mean? Its nearly as if we run through the life experience with blinders on, not appreciating the true fate of our own destiny.

Anonymous said...


I like what you guys are up too. Such intelligent work and reporting!

Anonymous said...


Excellent post. I learned a lot reading it. Thanks.