Playing the Indian Card

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Say it Loud: I'm a Tub o' Lard, and I'm Proud!

Margaret Wente has a good one today: the current alarm about obesity, like so much else we are told by the "experts," is not supported by any real science, and instead exists to serve vested interests. While being fat may, say, increase blood pressure, the more important point is that it will not, statistically, shorten your life. Nope--actually, fat people live longer. Quite a bit longer. Twenty-five percent lower fatality rate.

The thin and those who diet often? Higher than average mortality rates.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks the author for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.