Playing the Indian Card

Thursday, July 20, 2006

John Edwards and Rudy Giuliani

I've said it before, and I expect to say it again: watch John Edwards. First, he won a recent Iowa straw poll. Now it turns up that he has the highest acceptability rating among Democrats. I expect to see him, not Hilary Clinton, as the Democratic nominee. Nothing is more certain political death than being the early Democratic frontrunner.

On the Republican side, interestingly, Rudy Giuliani comes up as more acceptable to more Republicans than John McCain. This goes against conventional wisdom, which holds Giuliani to be too liberal to win the Republican nod.

Good news for Republicans, I think, because Giuliani is a very strong candidate. I would expect him to crush either Edwards or Clinton. But how about a Giuliani - Rice tıcket? Yow!

Apologies, by the way, for any odd characters creeping into this post. I'm typing it on a Turkısh keyboard, and not all characters correspond to the English ones.

No comments: