Playing the Indian Card

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Canada Death Watch: Global Warming

A correspondent to a newsletter also worries about Canada's future: “If the North Pole did in fact melt and the northwest passage remained ice-free year after year, none of this would be worth discussing anymore. Canadians would have to head to the hills as much of our nation would be under water. The rising water levels alone would cause massive slumping of the land, mud/rock slides and unimaginable flooding. Better start building an Ark.”

Wait a minute. Let's think this through.

If the temperature rose, the polar ice caps would melt.

But the rate of evaporation would also rise. Ergo, that water would not all go to rising sea levels, but be balanced by more water rising into the atmosphere.

Higher rates of evaporation would produce heavier cloud cover.

Heavier cloud cover would block sunlight.

Blocking sunlight would reduce the surface temperature.

Damn.

How is this global warming thing supposed to work again?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's up, all the time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the
dawn, since i enjoy to find out more and more.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been an incredibly wonderful article.
Many thanks for supplying this information.

Anonymous said...

Hello there, I discovered your site via Google while
searching for a comparable topic, your web site came up,
it seems great. I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.

Hi there, just turned into aware of your blog via Google,
and found that it is truly informative. I'm going
to be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful for those who continue this in future.
A lot of people will likely be benefited out of your writing.
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is worth comment. I think that you ought to publish more
on this subject, it may not be a taboo subject but generally people
do not discuss these subjects. To the next!
Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I stopped up here, but I believed this post used to be great.
I don't recognize who you're but definitely you are going to a famous blogger
should you aren't already. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Nice post. I learn something new and challenging on websites I stumbleupon every
day. It will always be exciting to read content from other
authors and practice a little something from their sites.

Anonymous said...

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to say that I
get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Anyway I will be subscribing in your
augment and even I achievement you get right
of entry to consistently quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hi there to every body, it's my first visit of this blog; this webpage includes amazing and actually
excellent data in favor of visitors.