Playing the Indian Card

Thursday, October 14, 2021

Thanksgiving

 


Canadian Thanksgiving was this week. A little late, and actually pulled from the archives:

Things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:

I am thankful to have been born Canadian, so that I know enough to celebrate Thanksgiving on the correct date.

I am thankful to have been raised Catholic, so that I didn't have to go through the costly and embarrassing process of having my son circumcised.

I am thankful to have enough food to eat, even if the supermarket is often out of my favourite things and some of it is not always cooked so well.

I am thankful to have been raised speaking English, so that I can make money teaching it instead of having to learn it. Because it really is a pain in the butt.

I am thankful to have gray hair, instead of either of the two obvious alternatives.

I am thankful for all the technology that has appeared over my lifetime. Just not entirely happy at how old it makes me feel.

I am thankful for all the fine writing, music, and art in the world. Even if it seems to be diamonds buried in horse manure.

I am thankful for the companionship of certain people along the path. Especially when they let me share their Skittles.

I am thankful for dogs, which were definitely a good idea.

I am thankful for the sunrise. Just don't make me get up and see it.

I'd like to be thankful for my wife and kids, but I'm afraid it might give them swelled heads.


No comments: