Playing the Indian Card

Monday, August 03, 2015

Federal Election in Canada



Last time.


Okay, so we now have a Canadian federal election.

Things can change quickly in Canuckistan; present polls are not necessarily going to reflect the final outcome. But let's assume they hold.

That would probably result in a Conservative minority government, with the Liberals running third.

Given what recently happened to Britain's Liberal Democrats, I doubt the NDP and Liberals would then try to form a coalition. If the NDP came out as the senior partner, to do so would probably be the end of the Liberal Party. More likely, Justin Trudeau would then resign, and the Liberals would not want to force an election until they had a new leader in place. Harper would have at least a little breathing room, and then face a new vote.

Canadians know Harper pretty well. Trudeau certainly has name recognition, and has been very much in the spotlight for the last year. Opinions are probably mostly formed by now. Mulcair, facing his first election, is probably least well known, and so has the best breakout potential. If he is impressive in the campaign, he has the best shot at a majority government. If he really does poorly as a campaigner, support moves to the Liberals, but odds are, not strongly enough to jump two spaces: it would simply be a Conservative minority with a Liberal instead of an NDP official opposition. If Mulcair neither excels nor chokes, we are probably left with roughly the poll figures we have now.

Ergo:
Likeliest result: Conservative minority, new election within a year or two.
Next most likely result: NDP majority.

24 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

This site certainly has all the information and facts I needed
concerning this subject and didn't know who to ask.

Anonymous said...

Keep on working, great job!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! I just wish to give you a huge thumbs
up for your great information you have right here on this
post. I will be returning to your site for more soon.

Anonymous said...

Ӏ every time spent mү half an hour tⲟ reaԀ thіѕ weblog's content daily along with a mug
of coffee.

Anonymous said...

I'm gone to say to my little brother, that he should also pay a
quick visit this webpage on regular basis to obtain updated from latest
reports.

Anonymous said...

You are so interesting! I do not believe I have read through a single thing
like this before. So wonderful to find someone with original
thoughts on this subject. Really.. thank you for starting this up.

This web site is something that's needed on the
internet, someone with some originality!

Anonymous said...

Once more, Tim Ferriss is a masterful interviewer.

Anonymous said...

Everything is very open with a clear clarification of
the challenges. It was really informative. Your website is useful.
Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I am genuinely pleased to read this webpage posts which
carries lots of valuable information, thanks for providing
such information.

Anonymous said...

Thankfulness to my father who told me regarding this weblog, this webpage is in fact remarkable.

Anonymous said...

I was very happy to uncover this site. I want to to thank you for ones time for this fantastic read!!

I definitely loved every little bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to check
out new stuff on your site.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This has been a really wonderful post. Thank you for
supplying this info.

Anonymous said...

Many thanks very helpful. Will certainly share website with my buddies.

Anonymous said...

I have learn some good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking
for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you set to make this type of fantastic informative web site.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's what I was seeking for, what
a data! existing here at this blog, thanks admin of this
website.

Anonymous said...

If some one desires expert view about blogging and site-building afterward
i suggest him/her to pay a visit this weblog, Keep up the pleasant work.

Anonymous said...

Real superb visual appeal on this site, I'd rate it
10.

Anonymous said...

Do you mind if I quote a few of your articles as long as I provide
credit and sources back to your blog? My blog site is in the very same area of interest as yours and my visitors would genuinely benefit from a lot
of the information you present here. Please let me know if this
okay with you. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Someone in my Facebook group shared this site with us so I
came to give it a look. I'm definitely loving the information.
I'm book-marking and will be tweeting this to
my followers! Fantastic blog and amazing style and design.

Anonymous said...

Hi there everybody, here every person is sharing such know-how, thus it's fastidious to read this website,
and I used to pay a visit this blog every day.

Anonymous said...

I think that everything published made a bunch of sense. But, think about
this, what if you composed a catchier title? I ain't suggesting
your information is not good., but suppose you added a headline that grabbed people's attention? I mean "Federal Election in Canada" is kinda boring.
You ought to glance at Yahoo's front page and watch how they write post titles to get people to click.
You might try adding a video or a picture or two to get readers
interested about what you've written. Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little livelier.

Anonymous said...

Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful article. Thank you for supplying this info.

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to pay a quick visit this website, for
the reason that i wish for enjoyment, since this this website conations actually good funny material too.