Playing the Indian Card

Monday, June 12, 2023

The Fall of the Persian Empire

 


The left has gone too far. The tide is turning against them. 

The latest evidence comes from my leftist columnist friend, Xerxes. In last Sunday’s column, he warned against Big Pharma and Big Tech (he called the latter “the media,” but named only Facebook and YouTube). Just as the right is doing.

 So far, no surprise. These are corporations operated for profit. Profit has always been evil to Xerxes.

But then he goes on to warn about governments as well. In fact, he says, government is worse. It is able to silence its opponents and throw them in jail.

I wrote to agree with him, and he responded that, while some might say “follow the money,” he now says “follow the power.”

And that simple insight puts him, I think, on the right. The left has been deluded by Marxism to see capital as the enemy. Xerxes may not yet have worked out the implications—I suggested he should look also, with the same lens, at the learned professions as a power elite. I doubt he would say he was on the right. But from this point, I think the logic is inevitable.

And it is occurring to more and more people.  I suspect the days when it was cool to be on the left are at an end. 


No comments: