Playing the Indian Card

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Mommy Test

Another anti-male joke currently making the Internet rounds. Courtesy of a regular visitor to this site who, I assume, would prefer to remain nameless. I quote it verbatim as he received it:


Mommy Test

I was out walking with my 4 year old Daughter. She picked up something off the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from her and I asked her not to do that.

"Why?" my Daughter asked.

"Because it's been laying outside, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.

At this point, my Daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Wow! How do you know all this stuff?"

"Uh," I was thinking quickly, "All Moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy." We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

"Oh...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the Test you have to be the Daddy"

"Exactly!" I replied back with a big smile on my face and joy in my heart.



And the laughs just keep on coming!

Meanwhile, in other news, an absolute majority of North American children now grow up without fathers. Children without fathers have been shown to be more likely to commit suicide, turn to crime, do poorly in school and drop out, suffer from mental illness, become pregnant as teenagers, become psychopaths or serial killers, and live and die in poverty.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile, in other news, an absolute majority of North American children now grow up without fathers.

That sounds a little high. Is there a source for this?

Steve Roney said...

My source for this is a book called _The Index of Leading Cultural Indicators_. By Bill Bennett, I think.

Scott Hobbs said...

Not sure I would agree on a majority... but certainly I would say there is a high instance of it compared to years passed.

Steve Roney said...

Phyllis Schlafly puts it at 40% living without fathers. This is 40% living without fathers _at any given time_. Bennett calculates that only 38% will live with fathers _throughout their childhood_. So 62% will not. US figures.

Steve the Roney