Playing the Indian Card

Tuesday, February 13, 2024

An Unanswered Letter

 

Santa Claus

North Pole

Canada


Dear Santa:

I don’t want anything for Christmas this year.

I know you are good and you love me. You brought me such nice toys in the past, when I was little. I love the cinnamon bear, I keep him on my pillow every night. And the My Little Pet Shop. I want to have a pet shop when I grow up. I know you wanted to bring me a pony two years ago, but it wouldn’t fit down the chimney. I understand. I don’t need a pony.

 You didn’t bring me anything last year, but I know you were sad, since Dad died that summer. Mom told me. I was sad too, and I didn’t want anything. I miss Dad. I wish he wasn’t dead.

Now you don’t need to bring me anything ever again. Just do one thing. Mom has cancer. She is so thin. We don’t have money for the hospital. I want you to make her better. 

I believe in you, Santa.

Love

XOXOXO

Trixi Ann

Cebu, Philippines


I wrote this for a writing group today.

They thought it was a good story.

They do not understand. 

I do not write fiction.


No comments: