Playing the Indian Card

Monday, October 14, 2013

Giving Thanks


The turkey's revenge.

Things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:

  • I am thankful to have been born Canadian, so that I know enough to celebrate Thanksgiving on the correct date.
  • I am thankful to have been raised Catholic, so that I didn't have to go through the costly and embarrassing process of having my son circumcised.
  • I am thankful to have enough food to eat, even if the supermarket is often out of my favourite things and some of it is not always cooked so well.
  • I am thankful to have been raised speaking English, so that I can make money teaching it instead of having to learn it. Because it really is a pain in the butt.
  • I am thankful to have gray hair, instead of either of the two obvious alternatives.
  • I am thankful for all the technology that has appeared over my lifetime. Just not entirely happy at how old it makes me feel.
  • I am thankful for all the fine writing, music, and art in the world. Even if it seems to be diamonds buried in horse manure.
  • I am thankful for the companionship of certain people along the path. Especially when they let me share their Skittles.
  • I am thankful for dogs, which were definitely a good idea.
  • I am thankful for the sunrise. Just don't make me get up and see it.
  • I am thankful that I have had the chance to see the world. Turns out most of it looks like a hotel room.
  • I'd like to be thankful for my wife and kids, but I'm afraid it might give them swelled heads.

No comments: