Playing the Indian Card

Monday, December 19, 2005

Paul Martin Comes Out in Favour of Canada

“I will defend the Canadian position and I will defend our values and I will defend our interests against anybody." Paul Martin.

"You are not going to take my country away from me with some trick, with some ambiguous question." Paul Martin.

"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel." Samuel Johnson.

Jean Chretien was a past master at wrapping himself in the flag. But the growing tendency to do this, to dwell on supposed "Canadian values" and anti-Americanism, growing through the Chretien and now the Martin years, is a direct measure, as such nationalism and anti-Americanism is in the Third World, of the growing corruption in Canadian government and in Canada's elite.

How long are the Canadian people going to be suckered by it?

1 comment:

BL said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.